Thursday 2 May 2013

Amazon Price Scraping

Running a software company means that you have to be dynamic, creative, and most of all innovative. I strive every day to create unique and interesting new ways to do business online. Many of my clients sell their products on Amazon, Google Merchant Central, Shopping.com, Pricegrabber, NextTag, and other shopping sites.

Amazon is by far the most powerful, and so I focus much of my efforts on creating software specifically for their portal. I’ve created very lightweight programs that move data from CSV, XML, and other formats to Amazon AWS using the Amazon Inventory API. I’ve also created programs that push data from Magento directly to Amazon, and do this automatically, updating every few hours like clockwork. Some of my customers sell hundreds of thousands of products on Amazon due to this technology.

Doctrine ORM and Magento

I’m a strong believer in the power of Doctrine ORM in combination with Zend Framework, and I was an early adopter of this technology in production environments. More recently, I’ve been using Doctrine to generate models for Magento and then using these models in the development of advanced information scraping systems for price matching my client’s products against Amazon’s merchants. I prefer to use Doctrine because the documentation is awesome, the object model makes sense, and it is far easier to utilize outside of the Magento core.

Source: http://www.christopherhogan.com/2011/11/12/amazon-price-scraping/

Note:

David Brown is experienced web scraping consultant and writes articles on linkedin email scraping, linkedin profile scraping, amazon data scraping, amazon data scraping, yellowpages data scraping, product information scraping and yellowpages data scraping.

No comments:

Post a Comment